Oh my these are a favorite! Sweet, but not too sweet, spicy, but not overwhelming and healthy! Right? Well, maybe. Have fun with this one!
Chai Spice Mixed Nuts
Yield: 1 lb spiced mixed nuts
1 egg white
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1lb. mixed nuts
1/8 cup Tijerina’s Vanilla Masala Chai Blend
½ teaspoon salt (large crystal salt makes them more fun to eat if you have some)
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment (trust me, you don’t want to skip this part. No foil won’t work)
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg white and vanilla until frothy.
- Add the mixed nuts and stir to coat.
- Stir in the chai and mix until all are coated.
- Spread the chai mixed nuts onto the baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt.
- Bake for 40 minutes, stirring every 10-15 minutes. (Yes, they will be sticky. Just stir.)
- Remove from the oven and let cook completely before serving or storing. About 20 minutes.
If stored in an airtight container they will remain fresh for up to 1 month.
You can freeze them also for up to 3 months.