2 cup flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups buttermilk
1/4 cup Tijerina Global Spices Vanilla Masala Chai Latte
2 eggs, cracked and whisked in a small bowl
3 tablespoons melted butter
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Make a well in the center.
- In a liquid measuring cup, combine 2 cups buttermilk Tijerina’s Chai. Pour mixture into the dry ingredients.
- Add the eggs and butter and gradually whisk all ingredients until combined, careful not to over mix. Batter should have some lumps.
- Heat a non-stick pan, cast-iron pan, or griddle over medium high heat until a few drops of water sprinkled on bounce off.
- Grease the pan with butter or oil.
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, pour pancake batter onto pan. Typically 2-3 fit into a pan. When pancakes have bubbles on top, flip over, about 2 minutes. Cook until golden. Repeat with remaining batter.
Use a local maple syrup such as Jirik Family Farms in MN!
Optional: Dice up chopped nuts or apples and add to the batter with the wet ingredients.