Grandma June’s Mini Apple Pies
Yield: 18-20 mini apple pies
- 1 package ready made pie dough. June’s pie dough recipe can be found HERE
- 2 apples, your choice, cored (I leave the peels on) and diced small
- ¼ cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon cloves
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 egg + 1 teaspoon water
Optional: Demera Sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- In a medium bowl mix apples, sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whip egg and water for egg wash and set aside.
- Using packaged dough, roll out until about 1/8 inch thick. Cut circles out with a pastry cutter or round cookie cutter. You should get about 10 per crust.
- Holding one of the pieces in your hand, coat “outer edge” with egg wash, enough to help seal the dough and add about 2 teaspoons filling into dough. Fold over into a half moon shape and crimp edges to seal. Set on baking sheet.
- Continue with remaining dough and filling until nothing remains.
- Using a fork, crimp edges lightly for a fancier look! Using a sharp knife, I use a paring knife, slice 2-3 small holes in the top.
- Brush with egg wash. This is where you can also sprinkle Demera sugar on top for a crunch once baked. Also, fancy!
- Bake until pies begin to turn light golden or 10-12 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 5 days.