Toasted Walnut Pesto w/Spinach, Radish Greens and Peas
Yield: 3 cups pesto
- 2.5 oz fresh Basil (about 3.5 cups)
- 2.5 oz fresh Spinach (about 3.5 cups)
- 2 oz fresh Radish Greens (about 2 cups or leaves from one bunch of radishes)
- 8 oz (1 cup) green peas
- 1 cup Walnuts, toasted
- 1 ½ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2-3 teaspoons Kosher Salt
- 1 cup Parmesan-Reggiano, shredded
- In a food processor pulse greens, peas, walnuts, oil and salt.
- Scrape down sides of the bowl and pulse 1-2 more times.
- Add Parmesan-Reggiano and pulse 1-2 more times.
- You now have pesto! Salt it to your taste.
*Freeze up to 6 months. Refrigerate up to 2 weeks.
**Freeze in ice cube trays and then divide them up 1-3 per bag or container for easy use.