Prepared for Seward Co-Op Virtual Class 10/2021
Yield: 4-6 servings
1 pound pasta of your choice, I will use angel hair as it cooks quickly
2 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
4 anchovies, chopped
1 teaspoon capers
½ cup broth or cooking sherry
8 brussels sprouts, rinsed and cut in half (may need to cut into quarters if large)
2 cups (10 oz) diced butternut squash
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
¼ cup grated parmesan, plus extra for topping
Fresh basil, chiffonade for garnish
Add a little smokey flavor and zip using Tijerina’s Acadian Cajun Spice Blend. (click to order) Salt Free too!
- Cook pasta in a large pan of boiling, salted water according to packet instructions. Drain, and reserve some liquid, about ½ cup. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large frypan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring until lightly golden. Add anchovy and capers, and cook, stirring until heated through.
- Add broth (or sherry) and simmer until reduced slightly, about 2 minutes.
- Add brussels sprouts and squash and cook 7-8 minutes or until softened.
- Add the pasta to the mixture along with the ½ cup reserved cooking liquid, and toss everything together well.
- Add the lemon zest and juice, and drizzle with a little olive oil. Stir in the parmesan for a creamy lemon sauce. Top with basil chiffonade and grated parmesan.
Enjoy! Buen Provecho!