As seen on the Seward Co-Op Minneapolis Friendship Store Virtual Class 10/8/21
Yield: 4-6 servings
1 bell pepper, color of your choice, diced
½ onion, peeled and diced
4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
1 cup squash, finely diced (acorn, butternut, kabocha…)
4 oz fresh mozzarella balls, cut into quarters (may sub shredded mozz)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon fresh herbs
1 teaspoon salt
Fresh cracked black pepper
1-2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 demi baguette, sliced on the bias
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment.
- In a bowl combine peppers, onion, garlic, squash, oil, herbs, salt, and pepper and toss to coat.
- Spread out the vegetables on one baking sheet and roast for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
- Remove vegetables from oven, let cool 5 minutes and put back in bowl and toss with balsamic vinegar. Then, add in mozzarella and toss again. Salt to taste.
- Reduce oven heat to 400 degrees.
- Place baguette slices on the second baking sheet and brush with oil.
- (Top secret kitchen hack: I use an olive oil spray can)
- Bake baguette for 4-6 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven.
- Spoon vegetable mixture over baguette and serve.