Compound Herb Butter with Garlic Scapes
*Recipe courtesy of Jessica Tijerina* www.jessicatijerina.com
Yield: 1lb butter
1 lb unsalted butter
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
¼ cups garlic scapes
2 tablespoons thyme, removed from stem
1 tablespoon rosemary, removed from stem
1 tablespoon oregano, removed from stem
1 tablespoon fresh chives or scallion, rough chopped
*Herbs can be substituted with what ever herb you have on hand or like the flavors of.
- Chop the butter into a couple of chunks.
- In the bowl of a food processor or mini prep add oil and garlic scapes and process until scapes are finely chopped. Sometimes I add an extra teaspoon of diced scapes just for an added pop of color and texture.
- Add in the remaining herbs and blend until the oil is turning green in color.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, use the whisk attachment and whip the butter at medium speed for about 5 minutes until the butter is light in color, not as yellow.
- Add the herb oil to the butter and beat on medium speed for an additional 2 minutes until the oil is fully incorporated.
- Remove the butter from the bowl using a spatula and put on parchment or wax paper. Roll into a log and chill for up to 2 hours prior to serving.