Yield: Single Serving 12 oz
2 teaspoons espresso powder (I use Trader Joe’s 100% Instant Colombian Coffee)
4 oz hot water
8 oz milk, cream, or milk substitute
1 teaspoon Tijerina Global Spices “Masala Chai Blend”
Optional: Simple Syrup, Sugar, Sugar substitute, Cinnamon, Tijerina’s Global Spices “Vanilla Masala Chai Blend”
- Mix espresso powder or instant coffee with hot water.
- Add Masala Chai Blend. Set aside.
- Heat 8 oz (1 cup) milk
- Add milk to a French press and press up and down until the froth to liquid ratio is equal 50/50, about 1 minute.
- Pour milk into dirty chai, then spoon over the froth mixture to your liking. Sprinkle a bit of the Masala Chai Blend on top.
- I use a zester/microplane to zest a bit of cinnamon to the froth to make it extra fancy!
*If you are using sugar, simple syrup or sugar substitute, it is best to add to the expresso before you add the milk.