Crispy Black Bean Snack
Yield: 1 ½ cups
2 15-oz cans black beans
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon Tijerina Global Spice, your favorite, I like Carnitas
1 ½ teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon cumin
½ teaspoon smoked paprika
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Rinse and drain the black beans.
- Place them on a towel and pat gently to dry. Be careful as they are easy to smash.
- In a medium bowl, stir together black beans with the olive oil and 1 tablespoon of Tijerina’s Global Spices and 1 teaspoon Kosher salt (as my spices are salt free unless otherwise requested) or the mixture noted above; chili powder, black pepper, cumin, smoked paprika, cinnamon, crushed red pepper and Kosher salt.
- Pour black beans onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and spread them into a single layer.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes until crispy and dry, shaking at the 20-minute mark.
- The exact bake time depends on the brand and your oven, so watch closely around the 40-minute mark and remove when they are crispy and dry.
- Allow to cool. Store in an airtight container in a dry cupboard for up to 1 week.