Bright and Beautiful Baked Oatmeal
Yield: 8-12 Servings
½ cup oil (coconut oil or avocado oil are best)
2 large, brown, organic eggs
1/2 cup applesauce
3/4 cup raw honey or agave nectar
3 cups Oats (Trader Joe’s Gluten Free Rolled Oats work great!)
½ tsp. Kosher Salt
2 tsp. Baking Powder
1 tsp. Cinnamon
1 ½ cups Almond, Oat or Soy Milk
1 tsp. Vanilla
2 tablespoons Flax Meal
¼ cup Dried Fruits (cranberries, blueberries, cherries, etc.)
¼ cup Nuts (pistachios, walnuts, pecans, etc.)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl beat together oil, eggs and sugars.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- *Optional additional ingredients: chocolate, cocoa nibs, coconut flakes, ginger, nut butter, fresh fruit, etc.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until knife comes out clean and top begins to brown.
- Serve immediately or store in refrigerator for up to 5 days, tightly sealed.