Glitter & Grump
Yield: 10-12 Mocktails
1 packet lemon lime Kool-Aid
1 can frozen Limeade
2 cups sugar
6 cups water
4 cups pineapple juice
2 cups pear juice
3 cups or 1 750 mL Trader Joe’s Triple Ginger Brew (or Ginger Ale works too)
Optional: ½ gallon lemon or lime sherbet
For the Garnish (for a single glass)
1 tablespoon honey
2 tablespoons red sugar cookie crystals
1 maraschino cherry rolled in gold edible glitter or golden sugar cookie crystals.
1 lime peel rolled in sugar and twisted
Mix all ingredients in a punch bowl and serve immediately.
Line the rim of a glass with honey and then dip into the sugar crystals.
Fill the glass with the grump drink.
Add a festive straw and sugared lime peel.
Roll a maraschino cherry in gold edible glitter or sugar cookie crystals and top the drink with whipped cream and cherry.
Cola de Mono “Monkeys Tail”
A Chilean holiday favorite!
Serves: (8) 3oz. Mocktails
10 whole cloves
3 cinnamon sticks
½ cup water
1 cup milk
1 can sweetened condensed milk or (8 oz cold milk + ½ cup white sugar)
2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
For the Garnish
Coffee or chocolate flavored straw
For the Glass
2 tablespoons honey on a plate
2 tablespoons gold sugar on a separate plate
- Gently simmer the cloves and cinnamon sticks in water until reduced by half, about 30 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of milk, and heat to a simmer, then stir in and dissolve the coffee.
- Add sweetened condensed milk.
- Discard the cloves and cinnamon sticks.
- Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Dip the rim of the coffee cup onto the plate with the honey and hold up side down for 1 minute or the honey will drip.
- Dip the rim then into the gold sugar. Turn over the cup.
- Add Cola de Mono drink and serve with a cinnamon stick or flavored straw.
Sujeonggwa – Korean Persimmon Punch 수정과
Serves: 4 Mocktails
8 cups water
½ cup peeled and thinly sliced ginger
8 cinnamon sticks, rinsed
1 cup light brown sugar
4 dried persimmons, stems removed
*If whole dried are not available, fresh is suitable
Persimmon (fresh or dried)
Cinnamon stick, rinsed
- In 2 small pots, bring 4 cups water to boil in each.
- Add ginger to one pot and cinnamon to the other.
- Simmer both for about 1 hour to obtain the best flavor has been achieved.
- Remove ginger and cinnamon and discard.
- Combine both liquids into one.
- Over medium heat add sugar and dissolve.
- Add persimmons to soften and they may be removed when serving or sliced and served as a garnish along with the pine nuts.