Lamb Chops with Chimichurri
Demonstrated at the Garlic Festival of Minnesota 2019 in Hutchinson, MN by yours truly, Jessica Tijerina.
Yield: 3 cups
12 cloves Garlic
2 cups Parsley, chopped
2 tablespoons fresh Oregano or 2 teaspoons dried
2 tablespoons fresh Thyme
2 teaspoons fresh Rosemary
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
½ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
½ teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
3 tablespoons Red or White Wine Vinegar
- Place all chimichurri sauce ingredients in a blender or food processor and pulse until well chopped, but not pureed.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days
Ingredients (Lamb Chops)
Yield: Serves 4
4 lamb chops, each about ¾ inch thick
¼ cup olive oil
1 large clove of garlic, minced
1 teaspoon rosemary
1 teaspoon Kosher salt
¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
¼ cup minced fresh parsley
1 tablespoon lemon juice
¼ teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
Method (Lamb Chops)
- Combine all lamb seasoning and rub on lamb or toss around in a bowl.
- Heat grill or grill pan on high heat.
- Cook lamb chops on the first side for about 3 minutes.
- Flip to cook other side for 2-3 minutes or until desired doneness. (145 degrees = medium rare, 160 = well)
- Remove from heat and serve immediately with chimichurri and a sliced baguette.