Angel Food Candy aka Sponge Candy
1 cup white sugar
1 cup dark corn syrup
1 tablespoon vinegar
1 tablespoon baking soda
1 pound chocolate confectioners’ coating
- Butter a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar, corn syrup and vinegar.
- Cook, stirring, until sugar dissolves. Heat, without stirring, to 300 to 310 degrees F or until a small amount of syrup dropped into cold water forms hard, brittle threads.
- Remove from heat and stir in baking soda.
- Pour into prepared baking dish; do not spread. (Mixture will not fill pan.) Allow to cool completely.
- Over a double boiler, melt the chocolate, stir frequently until smooth, turn off the heat.
- Break cooled candy into bite-sized pieces and dip into melted candy coating.
- Set on wax paper.
Have fun! This is one of my favorite!
“Whatever it is you are searching for, I hope you can eat it.” – Jessica Tijerina